Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Home Sweet Carolina

What a busy, fun, exciting, successful weekend! I flew home to North Carolina for a quick 48 hour trip. I went home with goals and can say that my mom and I successfully accomplished everything on our list!

I landed in Raleigh in the late morning on Saturday. I was welcomed home by my mom, my aunt and one of my sister-in-laws. We began our "girl day" by showing my aunt, who recently moved to my hometown, around Chapel Hill. I showed her all the highlights and we shopped at the student store. She is officially a Carolina girl as she added to her wardrobe the perfect t-shirt. All true Carolina girls should have one in their closet; it simply states, "Carolina Girls...Best in the World." After touring Chapel Hill, we made our way to Raleigh to eat sushi. It was delicious! My mom, sister-in-law and I claim that we can eat it every day! After sushi, what else would girls do? Shop! The Junior Guild of Raleigh hosted a shopping spree at the civic center in downtown Raleigh. The exhibit is every Southern girls' dream...monogrammed purses, bows for little girls, adorable Christmas decorations, yummy food to taste and so much more. We had a ball. After a long and fun day of shopping, it was time for some much needed beauty sleep.

Sunday was a family-filled day. My uncle came into town to visit my aunt as he has not yet moved to Rocky Mount (2 weeks and counting!). My brothers and their families came home after church for a favorite meal of my family, rigatoni with Italian sausage, garlic bread and salad. I was able to play with all my nieces and nephews, spend time with my Nanny and talk some wedding things with my sister-in-laws and brothers. I even had the joy of asking my brothers to participate in our wedding; Gary is going to sing and Russell is going to usher the grandparents. It is truly going to be a special day!

Speaking of weddings, Monday was a great day. Mom and I ran all over Rocky Mount and Nashville and finalized so many of the wedding details. First, we went to Birchwood Country Club, where the reception is going to be held. We met with the country club manager in the ball room and discussed all the details of the reception. We planned the lay out of the ballroom, napkin and tablecloth colors, the menu and more. Mom and I left knowing that the reception is going to be absolutely beautiful! Next, we headed to the Nashville Exchange restaurant. Our rehearsal dinner is being held here. While eating delicious homemade soup and chicken salad sandwiches, we spoke with the owner and was able to finalize the menu there as well. After lunch and coffee, we headed down the street to the florist shop. The place smelled delicious! It was so nice to leave the florist shop knowing the manager knew exactly what my mom and I wanted for flowers. After the running around in Nashville, Mom and I headed to the hotel where she had previously reserved the block of rooms for our out of town guests. I must say, the Country Inn and Suites is adorable! The ambience and atmosphere reminds me of walking into someone's cozy home. Cookies and coffee are available all the time. A fireplace is roaring in the lobby and the guest rooms feel like home. It is going to be such a perfect place for our guests to stay! We made one final stop in Rocky Mount at Belk; my mom reminded me of an upcoming shower that my church is hosting for me. She kindly told me how the elderly women love to buy China for new brides. We went to Belk to register for some items so that the ladies may shop away! After our fun-filled day, it was time to head to the airport. However, we could not go to Raleigh without one more sushi trip! Mom and I ate yet another delicious meal at the same restaurant that we went to Saturday for lunch. What can I say, we love sushi!

It was so exciting that Christopher picked me up from the airport. We talked the entire way home about all the details of the wedding. Not that it did not seem real before, but it is here and our day is coming! 74 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment