Friday, December 4, 2009

What a Week!

It has been quite some time since our last post, but here is an update of our busy month of November.

The Saturday before Thanksgiving, Christopher's mom and aunt flew to Florida to visit us for their third annual "Turkey on the Beach" vacation. However, unlike in the past years, Gayle and Susan stayed with us at our home instead of renting a cottage on the beach. We were fortunate to spend a great deal of time with them in between work and school. We shopped at the outlets and ate good food. They ended their week long vacation in Orlando, where Christopher's brother lives. They enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday there.

I, on the other hand, spent Thanksgiving with my family in North Carolina. Christopher dropped me off at the airport on his way to Orlando with his mom and aunt. Thanksgiving in North Carolina was a fun-filled day. Mom and I spent the day decorating the front yard with Christmas decorations. My family joined us for dinner; we had quite the spread of food. It was delicious! We had so much food, we did it all over again the next day. Blair, Robin and I were part of the many crazy people who went shopping on Black Friday. We had great success!

Along with the Thanksgiving holiday, I was blessed to have two bridal showers while I was home. Saturday, Blair and Robin hosted a Christmas shower. Christopher and I received several pieces of our Christmas china, Christmas tree ornaments, decorative serving pieces and a Willow Tree nativity set. It was a shower filled with great company and good food. Sunday, my church hosted a shower. I was able to spend wonderful quality time with my church family who has watched me grow up over the past 20 years. Their gifts and words of wisdom were greatly appreciated!

While at home, I was able to accomplish more wedding tasks! Monday, Mom and I met with the wedding director at church. We were able to cover many of the details that will accompany the wedding weekend. I have great confidence in our wedding director as she is organized and will be very helpful on our big day. I also had my bridal portrait session. The day at the portrait studio was so fun. Unfortunately, I cannot share details. You will just have to wait until January 9 to see the beautiful picture. I will tell you this; the photographer loved the photograph so much she wants to put in on display in the studio. Now, that is exciting!

As the Christmas season approaches, I will continue to work until Christopher and I travel to North Carolina on December 19. Christopher begins final exams the week of December 14. We also plan to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios to celebrate my 25th birthday. Not to mention, we have just 36 days until our wedding day. What a busy, yet beautiful, time of year!

Thanksgiving with Kai and Gracie

Christmas Shower with Nanny

My Sweet & Beautiful Nieces

The Wonderful Hostesses - My Sister-in-Laws

Carolina Girls...Best in the World

Where to Put All of These Gifts?!










1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the post, I know I was there during all this but if I was not, your post made me feel like I was.

    ReplyDelete